From: nemiver-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:nemiver-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Dodji Seketeli
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:37 AM
To: The mailing list of the Nemiver project
Subject: Re: missing top menu

Bill Martin <Bill Martin memjet com> a écrit:

> Well, it is solved. One of those embarrassing "DUH!" things, the menu
> is there as it should be, but is not visible until the mouse pointer
> is in the region of the screen.

Ah, I see.  This is the "Application Menu" in Ubuntu, I guess.  At any point in time, the menu of the currently selected application is located at the top of the screen, in their "Unity" desktop environment.

> Anyway, I'm now on to the next thing, figure out how to debug an
> embedded arm target, if that is possible.

It should be possible, using the support of gdbserver.  For that, you need to have gdbserver on the target, properly started and listening on a given IP address and port HOST:PORT.  You also need to have a gdb cross compiled for arm on your host (I'll call it arm-cross-gdb), as well as the binary you want to debug (I call that the inferior) be present on your host (as well as on the target, of course).

Then you can do:

    nemiver --gdb-binary=/patch/arm-cross-gdb --remote=<HOST:PORT> /path/to/inferior/built/for/arm

You can make Nemiver persistently use the arm-cross-gdb binary by going into the menu edit -> preferences, select the "debugger" tab and specify the path to the arm-cross-gdb.  Subsequent invocations of nemiver will just have to be:

    nemiver --remote=<HOST:PORT> /path/to/inferior/built/for/arm

> Thanks very much for providing this nice tool!

You are welcome.

--
                Dodji