Question about remote debugging

Hello All,

I wish to debug a program remotely. I am running gdbserver on the remote machine.
In the nemiver remote debugging GUI of the host machine I have filled in the details such as file to be debugged, IP and the port.
When I press 'OK', nothing happens. Obviously something didn't work, but is there any log file showing the error details?

Another question is, what port number should I specify? Is it the same port number my gdbserver is listening to?

Sorry if the questions are too basic but I am a nemiver newbie, so kindly help.

Regards,
Ravi