Re: Question about remote debugging

Ravi Karmarkar <karmarkar ravi gmail com> a écrit:

> Hello All,

Hello Ravi, and sorry for the (hopefully) unusually long reply from me.

> I wish to debug a program remotely. I am running gdbserver on the remote
> machine.
> In the nemiver remote debugging GUI of the host machine I have filled in
> the details such as file to be debugged, IP and the port.

OK.

> When I press 'OK', nothing happens. Obviously something didn't work, but is
> there any log file showing the error details?

Hmmh, something wrong must be happening then.

To get logs, try running nemiver by setting the nmv_log_domains
environment variable as explains at
https://live.gnome.org/Nemiver/ActivateLogging.  You can do:

nmv_log_domains=nmv-gdb-engine.cc nemiver > logs.txt

Then please put the logs somewhere and send an email to this list with
the link to the logs, or better open a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=nemiver and attach the
logs there.

> Another question is, what port number should I specify? Is it the same port
> number my gdbserver is listening to?

Yes it is.

> Sorry if the questions are too basic but I am a nemiver newbie, so kindly
> help.

No problem.  And again, my apologies for not replying earlier.

--
		Dodji