Re: missing top menu

Bill Martin <Bill Martin memjet com> a écrit:

> Well, it is solved. One of those embarrassing "DUH!" things, the menu
> is there as it should be, but is not visible until the mouse pointer
> is in the region of the screen.

Ah, I see.  This is the "Application Menu" in Ubuntu, I guess.  At any
point in time, the menu of the currently selected application is located
at the top of the screen, in their "Unity" desktop environment.

> Anyway, I'm now on to the next thing, figure out how to debug an
> embedded arm target, if that is possible.

It should be possible, using the support of gdbserver.  For that, you
need to have gdbserver on the target, properly started and listening on
a given IP address and port HOST:PORT.  You also need to have a gdb
cross compiled for arm on your host (I'll call it arm-cross-gdb), as
well as the binary you want to debug (I call that the inferior) be
present on your host (as well as on the target, of course).

Then you can do:

    nemiver --gdb-binary=/patch/arm-cross-gdb --remote=<HOST:PORT> /path/to/inferior/built/for/arm

You can make Nemiver persistently use the arm-cross-gdb binary by going
into the menu edit -> preferences, select the "debugger" tab and specify
the path to the arm-cross-gdb.  Subsequent invocations of nemiver will
just have to be:

    nemiver --remote=<HOST:PORT> /path/to/inferior/built/for/arm

> Thanks very much for providing this nice tool!

You are welcome.

--
		Dodji