Re: GSOC 2011 - Bunch of questions

Hey Fabien,

Sorry for my late reply,

Fabien Parent <parent f gmail com> a écrit:

>  - I cannot understand how getters should be written: I see a lot of
> "get_stuff ()" [1], and also many "stuff ()" [2]. I cannot figure out
> when I have to choose [1] or [2], I need some enlightenment on this.
> examples in nmv-dbg-perspective:
>     * IDebuggerSafePtr& debugger (), ISessMgr& session_manager ()
>     * IWorkbench& get_workbench (), Gtk::Widget* get_body ()

Yeah, there is some inconsistency there, I agree.  More generally, I
tend to prefer the "stuff ()" version, as it is more compact.  I guess I
should gradually remove the get_* versions.  I'd accept cleanup patches
for that ;-)

>  - In nmv-dbg-perspective.cc, there is a lot of code that seems to be
> dead code: all the stuff about command view, log view and target
> output view. Is that normal ?

I initially wrote the command view stuff for debugging purposes.  That
was before I had the whole logging mechanism in place.  I never got
around removing that code since then.  On the other hand, I am thinking
that it might be useful again we have some facility to show the user
which "command" is being executed.  That could be useful when we have a
type of command line interpreter embedded in Nemiver.

>  - Can I push my branch on git.gnome.org when I will have some code
>  ready ?

Yes, sure.  It'll be considered as a "personal" and unstable branch that
you can rebase as much as you can.

--
		Dodji