Re: Nemiver Errors

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Dodji Seketeli <dodji seketeli org> wrote:
Hello Venkatram,

Venkatram Tummala <venkatram867 gmail com> a écrit:

[...]

> I am trying to use nemiver 0.7.3 on ubuntu 10.04 64 bit. It works for some
> applications & it doesn't work for others . This is the error i get :
>
> |E|void nemiver::DBGPerspective::append_breakpoint(int, const
> nemiver::IDebugger::BreakPoint&):nmv-dbg-perspective.cc:5854:There is no
> file name info for symbol addr: main@<PENDING>

This error probably means you didn't compile the application [that you
are debugging] with -g. Try recompiling the application with -g and
without any optimization.

Thanks for the reply but the application was compiled with debugging symbols. The very same file works fine on gdb & ddd. Only nemiver hits the above mentioned errors.

Please note that in the coming version of Nemiver you won't have this
error because the debugger will automatically show you the disassembly
of the code you are debugging. If you are brave enough to understand the
assembly, then fine. If not, you'll still have to recompile it in debug
mode. The win will be that this error won't show up. If you are in a
hurry you can compile this bleeding version of Nemiver today, from our
git source code repository[1].

I dont think this is the problem.

Venkatram

I hope this helps.