Re: Inspecting variables

Hello Pat,

Le mar. 26 janv. 2010 à 07:24:34 (-0500), Pat Hasenfang a écrit:
> I am a new user and have installed nemiver-0.7.2-1.fc10.i386 on fedora 10.  For some reason I cannot see any variables.  I can see the code.  I can step through the code and set breakpoints.  But for some reason variable viewing eludes me.
>
> I have compiled with the -g and -O0 options.  Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I am the one who did a
mistake because variables querying in Nemiver 0.7.2 doesn't seem to
work with the version of GDB in Fedora 10 which is 6.8-32.fc10
I think I know why, but alas, there is no easy way I can fix that now as
Fedora 10 is not supported anymore.

One easy way of fixing that would be that you compile and install the
latest version of GDB, and then tell Nemiver to use that one by
following what's written at
http://live.gnome.org/Nemiver/FAQ#How_to_make_Nemiver_use_a_GDB_that_I_have_compiled

I guess someone needs to seat down and write a UI that allows users to
choose which GDB they want to use with Nemiver before I find time to do
that myself :-)

I hope this helps.

> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential CVG, Inc/Avtec Systems communications.

Just to make sure, I think this notice cannot be applicable to a public mailing
list such as this one. I am not sure how we could enforce any confidentiality
on a list that is archieved on the internet. I don't mean to appear rude or
anything, but I'd rather make things clear upfront so that nobody is
surprised afterwards.

Cheers.

        Dodji