Hello ! It's been a long time !

Hello Nemiver folks!

It has been a long time since I last posted in this list. I started out sometime last year around this time, thinking I shall actively contribute to Nemiver development. But things took a different turn in my personal life, and that kept me busy for the best part of a year.

Now things are looking up a bit and I think it is time to continue what I had started off back then. One of the great things I found in Nemiver is the support from the lead maintainers, Dodji and Jonathon. Frankly the hand holding they do to newcomers is not found in many open source projects! Three cheers to them !!

But enough talk, let's talk about some code now. I have been wondering if it would be great to add a modal dialog in nemiver when the user selects the window manager cross button or File-->Exit from the Nemiver UI. I know that Nemiver quietly saves the session in such a case, but I feel, in the interest of consistent UI across all Gnome applications, it would be good to have this dialog. Now I have two questions with respect to this:

0. First do we all agree to having this dialog ? If not, then I shall pick something else to work on! ;-)

1. If answer to above is yes, what should be the UI in such a dialog? Cancel, Save and Quit, Quit ? What should be the text? How do I take care of translation while writing my code. Excuse me, if this is a dumb question.

2. Can someone point me to the starting point if I were to contribute a patch for this work? I understand all the UI is made using glade and GtkBuilder and I have a little bit experience in GTK+ programming. But where shall I start if I wanted to contribute a patch for adding this functionality in Nemiver ? Any helpful hints that will help me get started would be greatly appreciated!

And thanks to all for reading my mail till the end! Hope to hear from you soon ! And thanks Dodji/Jonathon for creating such a wonderful piece of software!

regards,
Seemanta