Re: [Nemiver-list] Session dialog

On 9/28/06, Dodji Seketeli <dodji domain hid> wrote:

Hey Jonner,

On 9/28/06, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma domain hid> wrote:
> So here's what I've been thinking about a little bit:
>
> When nemiver starts without a commandline option, it could pop up a
> dialog asking if you want to load an existing session or start a new
> debugging session.  If you select 'new session', then you select the
> executable to debug (like the current "Execute" dialog).  I'll include a
> glade file of a proposed initial popup dialog.
>
> Does this sound like a good idea or not?  I'm generally not a big fan of
> dialogs, but it might work in this case.  I'm not sure...

Well, we could also propose a "file -> past sessions" menu. When the
user selects
that menu, a dialog pops up, showing the list of existing sessions and
their properties values. There user can re-launch an existing session
from that dialog.

That prevents us from showing a dialog each time nemiver is launched.

I don't know which solution is the best, though.

Cheers,

Dodji.

Yes, I think your idea is better.  Although I think I would call it
something like "file -> saved sessions".  Would you suggest allowing
the user to edit session values in this dialog (e.g. change
environment variables, etc.) or just to execute (or remove) old
sessions?

--
jonner