Re: [Nemiver-list] Re: internationalization

Hello Jonner,

Well, here's a first crack at adding i18n support.  (it also contains
a few svn:ignore property changes).  I made all of the build
infrastructure changes (configure.ac, Makefile.am, po/, etc) and
marked a few strings in various files for translation (including the
.desktop file).  So it should basically be ready for translations now.
If it looks ok to you, I can commit it.  Let me know.

I have applied the patch and it looks okay.
I just had one little problem. The config.h.in is now empty.

In my configuration, I need a line "#undef FOO" in config.h.in if I
want the final config.h to have "#define FOO"  as the result of an
AC_DEFINE(FOO) being added to configure.ac.

Otherwise, the AC_DEFINE(FOO) just results in a noop. The net effect
is that I end up with an empty config.h .

So I would not ditch that config.h.in, but rather add a "#undef
GETTEXT_PACKAGE".
Maybe I am screwing something up here. Please, just let me know.

That being said, you can just go ahead an commit :-) We will fix
things that need further fixing, if any.

One potential issue is that I'm using the 'new' intltool support which
means that the list of languages is defined in po/LINGUAS instead of
as an ALL_LINGUAS variable in configure.ac.  I'm not sure how many
distros have intltool 0.35 yet, but I don't know whether you care
about that or not.

Well, it's okay to me. I also have intltool 0.35. I am running debian testing.

Thank you very much.

Dodji.