Re: [Nemiver-list] sourceview font

Hello Jonner,

On 10/12/06, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma domain hid> wrote:
By the way, I just committed a change which makes the source editor
display source code in a monospaced font.  I prefer to look at source
code monospaced, but if you prefer it the old way, feel free to undo
my commit.  I just mention this since it's a style / personal
preference change so might be open to debate :)

Oh, I have no problem with that :-) In the future, maybe another tab
in the preference dialog will be necessary for setting such things.

By the way, I have tested your change set related to the breakpoint
view. It works for me.
Well done.

On my side, I have started to work on pointer dereferencing stuff.
Basically, when we encounter a variable foo that looks like "Object
*foo = get_object ()", we want to be able to dereference foo and see
what the object pointed to looks like. For example, the Variables view
could let you right click on 'foo' and propose a "dereference" menu
item or something along these lines. Selecting that menu item would
display a child item, showing the content of the 'Object' pointed by
foo.

To prepare this feature, we need a method of IDebugger that gives us
the type of an arbitrary variable.
I have just added IDebugger::print_variable_type() for that. Coding
this was a bit frustrating because it appeared that GDB 6.4.90 doesn't
implement the GDBMI "-symbol-type" command, which would have given us
the type of a symbol in a GDBMI format. I was obliged to use the
classical "ptype" command (which is not a GDBMI command) and parse the
console output of gdb, which is not in GDBMI format. It is not the
first time I am doing that, as I have been obliged to use the "info
proc" (non gdbmi) command to get information about the target (like
PID and absolute executable path).

The next stop will be to use this new interface to implement the
dereferencing workflow I described above.

Cheers,

Dodji.