Re: Nautilus: type-ahead navigation

Hey Antonio,

On 03/18/2018 05:16 PM, António Fernandes wrote:
Hey Robert

Robert Foss <robert foss collabora com <mailto:robert foss collabora com>> escreveu no dia domingo, 18/03/2018 às 15:20:

    Hey,

    I'm running gnome 3.24.2, and have been trying to enable a type-ahead nautilus
    navigation.

    Is it possible to enable through the advanced configuration options?

No, it is not.

    Or has it been removed from the codebase?

It has been replaced by the new keyboard navigation in the upstream stable versions since 2012.
The old keyboard navigation is available in older versions of nautilus.
It is also present in projects forked from nautilus, such as nemo and caja.

    Is it still type-ahead nautilus navigation still disabled in the trunk version?

More or less. Keyboard navigation is based on tracker search now. There is also a checkbox in the setting to make the search non-recursive (i.e., only the current directory). It is getting improved to make sure it is fast and clear enough to use for keyboard navigation.

That's good news.
Thanks for getting back to me about all of this, it is much appreciated.

Rob.