Re: Nautilus SMB Connections

Hi Christopher,

smb connection are handled by gvfs using libsmbclient.

Are you able to reproduce it? It would be good to get backtrace from gvfsd-smb daemon, when the share is
frozen.

It would be also helpful to run gvfs with debug output enabled and provide log. You might do this using
following steps:
1/ kill gvfs
2/ GVFS_DEBUG=1 GVFS_SMB_DEBUG=4 $(find /usr/lib* -name gvfsd) &> ~/gvfsd.log
3/ connect to the smb share and reproduce the freeze
(You might try to specify bigger number of GVFS_SMB_DEBUG for more verbosity..)

Please file a new bug report for gvfs product and attach the backtrace and the log:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gvfs

You might kill gvfsd-smb process and connect again as a workaround.

Regards

Ondrej