Re: Adding shortcuts support to Nautilus

From: "Gregorio" <devim outlook it>
To: "pwieser" <pwieser trychlos org>
Cc: "nautilus-list" <nautilus-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, November 2, 2015 1:26:02 PM
Subject: RE: Adding shortcuts support to Nautilus
I've Nautilus-Actions but I don't know how to set shortcuts, can you tell me how I can do this?

Hi Gregorio,

Sorry, I unfortunately missed your message :(

From a N-A point of view, the feature relies on Gnome global shortcuts and the DBus:
- define your action (e.g. with Nautilus-Actions Configuration Tool)
- define your global shortcut via the Gnome tool [1], setting the launcher as "na-run --id=<action_id>"

Then, and as long as Nautilus is running and the plugins are loaded, the shortcut will run the "na-run" program, which asks through DBus To Nautilus for the current selection, and applies it to the specified action.

I must admit that I have not tested this feature very thoroughly. So a bug is of course always possible.

Regards
Pierre

[1] https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/keyboard-shortcuts-set.html.en

Thanks,