Re: Adding shortcuts support to Nautilus

Yes, I know it, but it doesn't support shortcuts. This application
allows the user to insert custom entries in the right click context
menu.
I'm talking about keyboard shortcuts.

Anyway this feature in my opinion should be inside the main code of nautilus.

Hi Gregorio,

I do not manage Nautilus, so I do not have any relevant opinion on whether such
a feature should be or not in main code. But I think Nelson was right
to point you to Nautilus-Actions for several (obviously good ;)) reasons:

- Nautilus-Actions does implement desktop-global keyboard shortcuts through a
  DBus interface; it is surely not a widely tested feature, but at least it is
  implemented

- not only the syntax you describe is already implemented - and a feature much
  more tested that the previous one - but it relies on DES-EMA spec which has
  been discussed with other maintainers, so that defined actions may be shared
  between file managers

- the last evolution wants Nautilus-Actions become FileManager-Actions, and the
  plugins themselves be useable by other file managers (for now, tested with
  Nemo - easy !)

- last but not least, this application would take advantage of new developer(s)
  with new ideas; it is widely used and it is sad I have not enough time to
  maintain it as it should. Your review and participation would be more than
  welcome

Regards,
Pierre