Re: Help to resolve Warnings while installing nautilus3.10.1 from source code

Any idea about below mail . Please help regarding this.

with regards
leena

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Leena Chourey <leenagour gmail com> wrote:
Dear all,

I have tried to install nautilus-3.10.1 from the source on Ubuntu14.04 with following steps:
  1. sudo apt-get update
  2. sudo apt-get source nautilus
  3. Extract the .tarxz file in home folder
  4. sudo apt-get build-dep nautilus
  5. ./configuration
  6. sudo make
  7. sudo make install

Though nautilus installed successfully with so many warnings related with variable deprecated. Checkout the log file created from make install command. When restart nautilus, GNOME desktop behaviour is strange and have following issues:

  • Corrupted Desktop screen
  • When selecting an item focus goes on the item, on moving to next item, focus moves on next but the previous item is not get unselected. Means focus is not going out from previously selected items.
  • Previously opened windows if any are displayed in background

    Assume that these are because of the warnings I am enable to resolve.

    your help to resolve the warnings will be appreciated.

    Thanks & regards

    Leena