Re: Get the gear icon on nautilus 3.10.1

Thanks Emmanuele and Per for your prompt reply.

Yes, I installed gnome-shell on my desktop to find that the gear menu
is still available on gnome. It sure seems to have been removed for
unity. However, I'll deeply appreciate a method which can help me
bring the gear menu back on unity without having to switch to gnome
for this purpose. Changing config files, recompiling, anything would
be fine if it serves the purpose without breaking the core
functionality.

Thanks a lot!