Re: How to mount an USB stick both automatically and manually in Nautilus with umask=0444

* By automatically I mean, when its inserted it is automounted with the
options mentioned above (and the user should have no option to avoid
this). This can be achieved for example with 'udisks-glue' (`umask=0444`
but not `umask=0044`,`uid=0`,`gid=0`).

Not sure how restrictive udisks is these days, used to be very
(atleast udisks2 was very restrictive, but was probably just Arch using
it before they should have done. I steer clear of Arch for many
reasons now).

I often remove udisks because it depends on polkit or just
disable polkit due to rediculous dependencies that have no real
grounds, K3B often breaks by default without it too (it would
seem because they are really dumb and don't understand Unix group
permissions anymore).

The usbmount package could do with a little work but should give you all
the power you need. There is also spacefm and udevil which allows you
to pick and choose from sudo, polkit, suid etc..

I believe both options allow you to use all the power of the mount
command including future ones or any other command.

sed s/modern/oftencrap/g

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)