Cannot right-click to create folder

I use Nautilus 3.6.2 on Ubuntu 12.10.

If I view folder items as a list, and the folder contains so many items that they will up the height of the window, then I cannot bring up the context menu by right-clicking.

My problem is simple; I want to create a new folder.

Without the context menu, I could in pre-3.6 versions access the Create Folder option in the main menu. In 3.6 the main menu is gone and replaced by a much smaller menu in the Gnome bar, which does not include a Create Folder option.

Now, I could view folder content as a grid which allows me to right-click in the white spaces between icons, but it is not practical to change view mode every time I need to create a new folder.

Is there another way, such as a keyboard shortcut, or other ways to bring up the context menu in list mode?

BTW: Is it now officially Files or Nautilus, or both?