Re: Removal of type-ahead find

On 08/02/2012 03:34 AM, Ben Gamari wrote:

For this reason, to remove the type-ahead find facility without
providing a replacement (hopefully superior) mechanism to fill the
need for easy movement while browsing would be a significant regression
in functionality. I'll have to think a bit about what such a mechanism
would look like, but this is something that should be seriously
considered before moving forward with removal of the existing solution.
As far as I can understand from the blog post (I unfortunately don't have a recent enough jhbuild) the search will now act upon either on the current folder or globally as seen in the screenshot [1] and should be quickly accessed ctrl+f. 1. http://blogs.gnome.org/mccann/files/2012/08/Screenshot-from-2012-08-01-19_19_14.png

For your particular use case, it sounds like the new functionality will cover that (and actually improve it), but I'm sure there are details that needs to be worked out.
- Andreas