Re: [PATCH 1/6] xstat: Add a pair of system calls to make extended file stats available
- From: Andreas Dilger <adilger dilger ca>
- To: Dave Chinner <david fromorbit com>
- Cc: linux-cifs vger kernel org, linux-nfs vger kernel org, nautilus-list gnome org, libc-alpha sourceware org, kfm-devel kde org, wine-devel winehq org, samba-technical lists samba org, David Howells <dhowells redhat com>, linux-api vger kernel org, linux-fsdevel vger kernel org, linux-ext4 vger kernel org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/6] xstat: Add a pair of system calls to make extended file stats available
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:11:21 -0600
On 2012-04-26, at 6:51 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 02:32:36PM +0100, David Howells wrote:
>> I wonder if there's a way to make this explicit - or is it something that if the bit isn't set, you can't use the value in st_blksize.
>> I wonder if this value always has to be non-zero to make sure existing
>> stat() doesn't explode.
> More likely it probably needs to be non-zero to prevent applications
> doing division by block size from exploding... ;)
Right, and any application which knows it needs the blocksize should
also be requesting it when using the statxat() (or whatever) syscall.
] [Thread Prev