Changing location from a nautilus plugin

Hi, reading through the documentation I can find, there seems to be a lot of ability to extend nautilus to let things people select in the UI have additional functionality. What I don't seem to be able to find is anything that lets a plugin 'drive' nautilus. I'm working on a plugin that needs to be able to change what folder the current nautilus window has opened.

Is there anything I can do?  DBUS? some sort of hack?

I have a class that is extending LocationWidgetProvider, and based on certain events, I want it to be able to change what directory the window it's embedded in is pointing at.

Thanks,
Devon Jones