[no subject]

Hello all,

I am having some problems with Nautilus 2.30.1 and have written about them on
Ubuntuforums.org in the following thread:

Afterwards I stumbled upon Allan Day's blog, left a comment, and he suggested I
post here.

What I said in the Ubuntuforums thread isn't as accurate as it could be, so here
is more detailed information.  To recap, I have a folder of over 1000 JPEG
photos, mostly less than 10Mb in size, some up to 30Mb.  I have thumbnails set
to show for files under 1Gb.  I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.

* When I click on the folder bookmark in the side pane to quickly open the
folder, the focus remains on the side bar.  Pressing PageUp or PageDown to
scroll the folder serves only to highlight folder icons in the side bar. The
problem is intermittent, and seems to be related to navigation and the changing
of Views.  I have mostly experienced it when the folder is set to List View.

* When I open the folder, I can't change Views until it has finished drawing the
file thumbnails.  If I click on the Views popup menu, it lets me select a
different view, say Icon View, but that doesn't actually do anything.  I have to
wait for the drawing of thumbnails to finish, then select the new View again.

* While the file thumbs are being drawn, the files "dance" crazily up and down
the list. I have the sort order set to Date Modified.

* Even though the preference setting to show folders first in the list of
contents is not ticked, when the thumbnails are done, the contents of the folder
are always scrolled down to where it contains a folder. There seems no way of
having it scrolled to the top of the list.

That's it.  I've registered with Bugzilla to report these as bugs, and verified
my registration, but it's not letting me log in.  So if there's someone here
that cares about making Nautilus better, please consider testing and ultimately
submitting the bugs.  Or best of all, fixing them?  That would be great! :-)

Thanks for listening!

Charlie