Re: "Clean Up by Name" connotes a less desirable Windows feature

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 11:10 -0600, David Siegel wrote:
> This is getting very confusing :)
>
> I think "align" is a bit deceptive, because it doesn't lead users to
> understand that everything on their desktop could be moved around
> drastically. In the ideal case, wouldn't "Organize Desktop Items" only
> be available to users who manually arrange their desktop items instead
> of using an auto-alignment scheme? Maybe it will help to think of
> where this feature will end up in the long run.
>
> David

[...]

On the contrary , "Organize" seems to offer more
functionality[add/remove/align...] than simply, instantly aligning
desktop icons.

Anyways , "Align by name" was just a suggestion , and IMHO it seemed
more appropriate to the function   ;)

We could alternatively use "Align Desktop Items"  ...
But we would loose the "by name" action. :(

--
Cheers,
Vish