Re: file system navigation api

For this particular use-case, there is the simple (but out of process...) :

$ gnome-open ~/

David

2010/2/11 Nischal Rao <rao nischal gmail com>
we are trying to create a voice based navigation. For e.g. when a user says "home", i need to open the home directory.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 11.02.2010, 21:28 +0530 schrieb Nischal Rao:
> i guess there was a misunderstanding....
>
> The thing is I am writing an application using which the user should
> be able to open the file browser without the use of mouse (this is an
> accessibility related application). In other words, i need to control
> nautilus through my application.

File browser, or file chooser? Open, or save?
Can you way more elaborate your exact usecase? It's still unclear to me
what you want, and if this already exists or not.

andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
 http://www.iomc.de/  | http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper