Re: Files's common actions with one clic of mouse

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 03:33 +0200, Anthony wrote:

> /******************/
> /***2. Selection***/
> /******************/
>
> Then we could use this Action column to add an action concerning every
> files and folders :
> • all extensions and folders : select with check box
[...]
> With Ctrl+ mouse_left, Ctrl+a, even Ctrl-s+regexpr, Shit+mouse shortcut
> you can select many file in a few time but how many users know those
> shortcut ? I think many people use the keyboard only to write email,
> chat and tip some text, but not for selection.

This I like -- kind of what Vista has, right?  It's not a bad idea per
se to offer visual means of selecting files instead of, to paraphrase,
"hidden" keyboard shortcuts.  But consider that the new column with
actions and/or selection checkboxes would probably also begin its life
cycle as a hidden column, too.  How many people would go searching for
it?  I suppose only true Nautilus devs can tackle this :)