FTP service not working on nautilus

I'm writting to you because I don't know if my problem is a bug o not (I didn't find any solution googling). My nautilus 2.24.1 running on Ubuntu 8.10 cannot handle ftp locations. Un te file-connect to server-service type I only can try SSH or CUSTOM LOCATION. FTP, SFTP, SMB, DAV services have dissapeared. How can I add this services to nautilus? Could it be a dependency lib problem?
The nautilus ftp service worked fine on my old ubuntu 8.04.
Thanks.

P.D.: English is not my native language.