How to remove a monitor before unmounting?

On FreeBSD, our kernel file monitor requires that we open the
file/directory to be monitored.  This causes a problem when we try and
unmount the file system (e.g. a USB volume).  Because FAM has these file
descriptors open, we always get a "Device busy" error.  I was hoping to
add some code to nautilus to remove the monitor from the volume before
unmounting.  However, I wasn't sure the best/right way to do it.

If I add a call to nautilus_directory_remove_file_monitors() to
nautilus-file.c:nautilus_file_unmount() will this work?  Is there a
better way to do this?  Thanks.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome FreeBSD org