Re: Improve nautilus' saved searches

Le vendredi 10 avril 2009 à 18:49 +0200, David Prieto a écrit :
> I have made three mockups proposing changes to improve nautilus' search
> functionality:
>
> -Enter and leave search mode by clicking on the search button. First
> press leaves the button pressed and enters search mode, second press
> goes back to normal.

not a bad idea but maybe a toggle button would not fit the way special
locations are treated (thing trash, burning folder, ...)

> -Remove the "edit" button next to the search field, since it has no
> actual role in search mode.
> -Move the "refresh" button to the side of the search field, to save
> space.
> -Also, make saving more discoverable by including another button.
>
> http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_49lyUbkK9k8/SWC5-chI17I/AAAAAAAAAKQ/o2hvKVL13yk/s1600 -h/Pantallazo.png

what I like here is the integration in the path bar (even though I use
spatial mode much more that navigation mode)

> -Do not only search according to location and document type: offer as
> many search options as gnome-search-tool.
>
> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_49lyUbkK9k8/SWC5-34UA7I/AAAAAAAAAKY/JEMWDONksmQ/s1600 -h/Pantallazo2.png
>
> -Make saved searches as similar to usual folders as possible, and show a
> regular navigation bar when opening a saved search.
>
> http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_49lyUbkK9k8/SWC5_bV_mjI/AAAAAAAAAKg/msEhKrjogws/s1600 -h/Pantallazo3.png

this would make sense but pushing the idea even further, maybe we just
need a xesam backend for gvfs and use that in nautilus ? (I'm clearly
not thinking about how much code needs to be done for such an idea here,
just pushing ideas)

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles dartiguelongue esiee org>