Re: Nautilus closing and restarting unexpectedly

Dimitri Benin schrieb:

Alright, I remerged glib, libgnomeui and glibmm - the problem persists.

Can you provide the versions of the libraries and the version of
nautilus you are using? I have also a gentoo x86-64 machine here, would
like to reproduce your problem.

[ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/glib-2.16.3-r1
[ebuild   R   ] gnome-base/libgnomeui-2.22.1
[ebuild   R   ] dev-cpp/glibmm-2.16.4

I found out what causes the bug after looking into the bugzilla report filed by scott. It is caused by a bind-mount - however, I do not bind-mount my home directory, only the tmp directory:

joe joe [~]: mount | grep bind
/tmp/joe on /home/joe/tmp type none (rw,bind)

As soon as I umount this bindmount, nautilus starts up fine. This behaviour is new, however. I'll try update versions and see if the problem is fixed in future versions.

Regards,
Johannes