No persistent link on the desktop with GNOME2.22?

Hi,
    On Gnome2.20 system, if I choose "Places" ->"Connet to Server...", and connect to the server. A link will exist on my desktop, and also in the "Places" bar. The links will be exist after you logout and login again, and will exist even after you restart the system.
    But on Gnome 2.22 system, if I do the same "connect to server...".  This links on desktop will disappear after you logout and re-login, or you restart the system.

    Is this issue the bug of Gnome2.22 or it's expected behavior?

    Do we have any plan to make the link persistent on the desktop in the future release?

Thanks
Tim