Right Click Desktop Menu - Sorry

I'm asking my question because I really can't find an answer, but I
think this topic has been beaten to death, so I apologize if I'm
rehashing old questions. I swear I have searched long and hard.

Can I remove the "right-click" desktop menu without affecting the
icons on my desktop?

If I set <entry name="show_desktop" type="bool" value="false"> in
/home/user/.gconf/apps/nautilus/preferences/.%gconf.xml  it disables
the "right-click" desktop menu but also removes all the other icons on
my desktop.  However, I want to keep them.

Do I have to patch Nautilus to make this happen?

I am using: CentOS 5.2, GNOME 2.16.0, and Nautilus 2.16.2-7.el5

Thanks,

Antonio