Re: Possible speed enhancement

Hi,

2008/9/23 John Bester <john bester attix5 com>:
> Nautilus takes about 8 seconds to load up /usr/lib on my current PC
> (about 2,300 files).

Do you have gnome accessibility enabled? IME that makes nautilus much
more slower all around, especially loading large directories. Also, at
least on the latest gtk+, the file chooser feels quite snappy loading
big directories too. In short, I don't see the problems people whine
about on this thread *unless* I enable accessibility.

Rui