Re: Possible speed enhancement

I just would like to add that the argument "Nautilus/FileChooser
wasn't design for X/Y/Z" is a really bad one, just by principle.

FileChooser and Nautilus take around 4-5 Seconds to display my
"Pictures" folder which contains *only* around 150 pictures. Clearly
this is annoying (on a SATA-2 500GB drive, 2GB RAM, 2x Athlon 64 X2
4400+ CPU, running GNOME). An implementation should always aim to be
as fast as possible, hiding behind intentions only means to be lazy.
On the other hand if you'd say you don't want to spend time optimizing
this it'd be ok but just saying it wasn't made for this and that
sounds like an elusion.

Yes i know if i'm so fond of that then why don't i fix it.. well
Nautilus hacking is indeed something i'm currently doing (*offtopic*
my Emblem view grid alignment patch is still waiting for a
comment...).