Re: preview file bug?

Niels Elburg wrote:
In Nautilus -> File Managment Preferences -> Preview,
there's a "Only for files smaller then : 5MB" option under
the frame 'Other Previewable Files'

However, on my Desktop I have a stash of video files
( AVI ) with varying sizes, the smallest one beeing 300 MB

That limit is not applied to video files. It is only applied to certain types of image files, like jpegs. That is only obvious from reading the source code, however.

I don't think there is any way to size-limit video thumbnailing.

There is a bug report about this somewhere, but I can't find it right now... it was probably closed as "notabug".

- Mike