preview file bug?

Greetings Nautilus 2.22.2,

In Nautilus -> File Managment Preferences -> Preview,
there's a "Only for files smaller then : 5MB" option under
the frame 'Other Previewable Files'

However, on my Desktop I have a stash of video files
( AVI ) with varying sizes, the smallest one beeing 300 MB

In top,  "gnome-video-thu" consumes up to 100% all the time
and my average load rises to 2.0

Is this setting used for Media files ? How do I tell Nautilus
not to preview files larger then 5 MB , or tell it to cache the
preview icon ?

Ofcourse, I can get arround this by not having the videofiles
on my desktop

Ciao,

Niels Elburg

(http://www.veejayhq.net)