Re: How nautilus "calculates" filesizes

Am Samstag, den 31.05.2008, 12:05 +0200 schrieb Jonas Haag:
> I'm downloading an ISO file that contains 700 MBs of data and I'll
> stop
> the download after 30 percent. Now, Nautilus tells me that the
> filesize
> is 700MB.

This depends on your browser or download manager. Some writeout the
entire file at the beginning of the download process and slowly fill it
with meaningful data, while others start with an empty file, and
constantly append data to the end of the file until it is at 100%.

best regards,
 Christian Neumair

--
Christian Neumair <cneumair gnome org>