Re: Nautilus 2.22.2 - some JPEG files won't get thumbnailed [SOLVED]

Vitezslav Kotrla wrote:
Stupid me - I had thumbnailing file size limit set to 1 MB (I would
swear it _can't_ be, as I always set it to largest value possible).

But this lesson shows something interesting anyway - despite 1 MB limit
cca 12-15 MB RAW files _get_ actually thumbnailed! It may be so because
of embedded JPEG "thumbnail", which is probably under limit size. (Now I
wonder how does nautilus evaluate size limit before deciding to
thumbnail or not to.)

The size limit only applies to a few image types, like jpeg. It is ignored for other file types, like movies and RAW files. (This is only obvious if you read the source code.)

- Mike