Re: Suddenly. folders

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Geoffrey Leach <geoff hughes net> wrote:
> This is Fedora 8, nautilus version 2.20.0 release 9.fc8
>
>  When I booted F8/Gnome today, my desktop was littered with icons for
>  the folders and files from my home directory. My installation is pretty
>  much vanilla with regard to the desktop; previously all that was
>  displayed was device icons. I am not aware of having changed any
>  preferences.
>
>  Could someone kindly enlighten me as to how I might disable the display
>  of home directory folders?

Odd occurrence that happens on upgrades it seems; you should check
that the GConf setting for "Home directory as desktop" isn't set
(gconf key: /apps/nautilus/preferences/desktop_is_home_dir), but the
probably culprit is XDG_USER_DIRS being changed. You should be able to
fix it in ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs with a line like:
XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="$HOME/Desktop".

If you're still having issues, please file a bug and we'll see what we can do.
-A. Walton