nautilus fails to find folder on secure webdav drive

Hello,

I am revisiting this problem after many months. The first time I tried this was a couple of years ago and the problem has remained.

We have Webdav folders in our university's Blackboard online teaching system. I am able to access those folder from KDE using davfs as secure webdave folders. However, if I try to connect to the same folder URL from Gnome (using nautilus 'Connect to Network'), it asks me for username and password but then complains that the folder could not be found. I have tried this using different protocols (https, dav, http, etc).

I wish I could give more information, perhaps some debug information given by nautilus if it were possible. From my past queries, nautilus does not tell much.

In any case, I am surprised that Nautilus is sustained this bug for so long and through so many versions -- looks like nobody is really working on it (I suppose it would be relatively easy for a developer to take a peek at Konqueror's code and see how they are goind it right:) ). In fact, this was the only reason I started to use KDE.

Any suggestions which I can try to get this working?

Next thing I am expecting to try is when Gnome 2.22 arrived in Debian Lenny. But I am not getting my hopes too high.

thanks,
->HS