Re: Features request

Hi,

> Dnia 2008-03-01, So o godzinie 20:00 +0530, Nageshwar M pisze:
>
> > List of the Features:
>  >  * Integrated desktop search engines
>  >           A search box will be placed on the right-top edge.
>
>  apt-get install deskbar

Deskbar is the application for global search. If the user wants to
search inside a particular folder, he can enter the query
in the nautilus search box.  What my idea is that, including a search
option in nautilus which uses desktop search
engines as background.

>  >  * Embedded previews. [supports document viewer, gthumb viewer, totem
>  > player, openoffice]
>  >           The default viewers should be decided based on their loading time.
>  >           users can also write scripts to support more views.
>
>  Nautilus already supports thumbnailers.
>  Eog provides thumbnailers for pictures, Totem for movies, Evince for
>  PDFs, etc.
>  Providing thumbnailer is a task for viewer, not Nautilus.

Here, what I meant to say is not thumbnailers. User can directly read
a page of pdf,
directly watch a video clip etc.,

>  >  * Option to remember the currently opened windows. useful at the time
>  > of reboot.
>
>  Job of gnome-session. Just enable the option in Session Preferences.

I thought it works only for applications.. that's why I included this.

>  >  * Pre-loading the contents of the next possible directories. Based on
>  > the previous user behavior, nautilus
>  >    predicts next possible directories in the user navigation and pre
>  > loads the contents like file properties,
>  >    thumbnails etc.,
>
>  apt-get install preload

I think preload is a deamon that caches the loading properties of most
used applications only.. It effects only loading time.
but my proposal is read-ahead directory contents, file
properties...which effects the navigating time and performance

>  >  * Editable file address buttons [similar to the one in vista explorer]
>
>  What are the "editable address buttons"?

Nautilus already have button type display of the file path. But we
can't directly edit the path, if we are in button mode.
My proposal is If the user double clicks the buttons, the mode should
be toggled i.e the editable textbox should appear.

And thanks for your suggestions..

--
Best Regards,
Nageshwar M.