Re: multimedia columns in list view

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 5:11 PM, yelo_3 <yelo_3 yahoo it> wrote:
>> I believe that page is provided by Totem by an extension (see
>> totem/src/totem-properties-main.c and
>> totem/src/totem-properties-view.[ch]), so you might want to improve the
>> features of the extensions instead of coding this in the main Nautilus.
>
> It's getting harder than I thought it was!
> Do you mean that a nautilus extension can add new columns to nautilus?

Yes, by implementing the NautilusColumnProviderIface, and providing a
subclassed NautilusColumn. I would point you to the documentation, but
I'm afraid there isn't much of it to be had as of yet. You can read
the code here: http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/nautilus/trunk/libnautilus-extension/
in the nautilus-column-provider.[ch] and nautilus-column.[ch] files.

-A. Walton