Re: [rfc][patch] Add optional PackageKit hook to install new applications
- From: Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>
- To: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- Cc: nautilus-list <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [rfc][patch] Add optional PackageKit hook to install new applications
- Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 16:58:24 +0100
Il giorno sab, 06/12/2008 alle 11.00 +0000, Richard Hughes ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 13:02 +0000, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > I think this is not the correct approach; instead, it would be better
> > to check whether the user has actually enough rights to install the
> > applications before proposing it.
> Well, PackageKit uses PolicyKit, so even if the user does not have the
> rights to do it, then they can get someone to authenticate that can.
> On a locked down (school) workstation, the GConf key will be unset, and
> the new dialog will never be shown.
FWIT gconf 2.24 and later should support PolicyKit too...
] [Thread Prev