Re: [rfc][patch] Add optional PackageKit hook to install new applications

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 13:02 +0000, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I think this is not the correct approach; instead, it would be better
> to check whether the user has actually enough rights to install the
> applications before proposing it.

Well, PackageKit uses PolicyKit, so even if the user does not have the
rights to do it, then they can get someone to authenticate that can.

On a locked down (school) workstation, the GConf key will be unset, and
the new dialog will never be shown.

Richard.