Re: Howto rename a file without...

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 4:32 AM, Gilles Dartiguelongue
<gilles dartiguelongue esiee org> wrote:
> Le lundi 18 août 2008 à 20:11 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
>> So you remove all the ways to access some functionality, and then you
>> complain that it is not accessible anymore ?
>> Hmm...
>>

> All the current ways, yes. No menus, no context menus, no keyboard
> shortcuts. Should that stop us from actually renaming a file ?
>
> If you think it's not worth the effort, just say so, no need for
> sarcasm, thanks.

Yeah, sorry.  I should have said that straight click-to-rename was
intentionally removed from nautilus, since it is way too easy to
trigger unintentionally.

Maybe it would help if you could describe your use case in some more
detail, so that we can come up with reasonable constructive answers.

One thing to check out, eg, is the touchscreen-mode setting that GTK+
already has some support for. Maybe nautilus should react to that and
offer an alternative way to some functionality if it is turned on...

Matthias