RE: Nautilus file browser sort by use

how about the history sidebar(panel)? It lists the recent folders you accessed(that is what I feel). Often the most recently accessed folders are the most frequently accessed, aren't they...
Best regards!

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE <macanas_ped gva es> 写道:
De:  Ricardo Ayres Severo
Enviado el: mié 23/04/2008 18:55
Para: Christian Neumair
CC: nautilus-list gnome org
Asunto: Re: Nautilus file browser sort by use

>Christian,

>you have really good points!

In my home directory I have many files and folders, one for each
project I'm working. To find a project I have to scroll up and down
looking for it. Actually I work with a few files/folders from the many
I have, but they change over the time.

>I'm no expert in usability, but I think that a side-panel (something
like the bookmarks panel that already exists) showing the most
recently accessed files in the current folder can be really helpful.
This seems easier to implement as well.
Is possible to make this as a Nautilus extension?
This exists in Windows as favorites. And this could be a good Nautilus extension (also, an extension /option to show mount points).
Regards.