Re: Nautilus Preview

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 09:42 +0100, Paul Wellner Bou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Gnome and Nautilus as file manager and I wonder if there is a
> way to customize the preview feature a little bit more.
>
> I would like to preview images, but only images. No videos, PDFs or
> anything else. I did not find anything regarding this in the preferences
> nor in the gconf settings. Is this possible?

You can disable thumbnailers per-type in gconf. I.e. for pdf it would
be:
/desktop/gnome/thumbnailers/application pdf/enable

(You might need to also clean out your ~/.thumbnails if you have old
thumbnails there.)

> Then I noticed that nautilus is not displaying right the "index.theme"
> files in the theme directories of in ~/.theme. Nautilus displays the the
> name of the theme instead of the file name. Well, this wouldn't be so
> bad, but this way I am not able to open the file 'normally' with a text
> editor. What is nautilus doing there? Is there a way to change this
> behaviour?

This is because the file is a desktop file. These are used for things
like menus and shortcuts in the free desktops. So, we display the name
listed in them, not the filename. You should still be able to open them
correctly with the open-with context menu.