Re: Trash in the places sidebar.

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 14:25 +0100, Stefano Teso wrote:
> BTW, why is there no trash in the hardwired places? I've seen no bug
> report about it, but I'd find it extremely useful.
>
> Must the places sidebar strictly mimic the GTK+ file chooser dialog in
> this regard? In the case of an affirmative answer, I strongly disagree:
> they have different uses and therefore should adopt different solutions.

I don't think they have to be identical, but it certainly helps the user
if they work and look similarly. The specific case of a trash in places
would be useful in nautilus, but less so in the file selector. I think
it would be a good idea to have it in nautilus.

> Should I open a bug about it?

Sure. Or even better, create a patch. :)

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a scrappy white trash househusband haunted by memories of 'Nam. She's a
wealthy green-skinned fairy princess who dreams of becoming Elvis. They fight
crime!