Re: Column view update & issues

Hello,

Here is another feature that I would like to have in nautilus column view:

Assuming we have 2 volumes on the static left column in the column view of nautilus, named volumeA and volumeB, and that I want to copy a file (or folder) from volumeA to volumeB.

It should be possible to do it this way:

- I navigate opening the columns of volumeA until the file that I want to copy becomes visible
- I drag the file on the icon of volumeB
- the fact that the file hoovers over volumeB, erases all the columns (in other words, the path to the file in volumeA gets erased) and builds the first level of volumeB in the first column - by hoovering with the file over a folder on the first level of volumeB, the contents of that folder gets listed in the next column - and so on, until I get where I want the file to be copied, which is done by simply dropping the file on that place.

By the way, the same should also work when moving files inside a volume: by dragging the file on the volumes icon, all the columns should be erased allowing the user to navigate to any other folder of that folder.

Don't hesitate to contact me if something is not clear.

Francesco