Re: Nautilus SVN for Google SoC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 11:30 +0100, André Wendt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently planning my Summer of Code applications, and after my
> employer recently switched from CVS to SVN and I installed TortoiseSVN,
> I realized yet again that GNOME users are forced to use the command-line
> in order to use SVN.
>
> It doesn't have to be that way! I'd like to participate in this year's
> Google Summer of Code, implementing a Nautilus SVN enhancement similar
> to TortoiseSVN for Windows.
>
> In detail, what I want to have is:
>
> * context menu items for SVN checkout, update, commit, add, delete,
> diff, copy
> * emblems to show file/folder status
> * GUI for commit (user input) as well as checkout, update, add, delete,
> copy (progress)
> * ability to use an external program like meld for diff
>
> I know this is a courageous project, but with careful planning I am
> pretty sure I can handle it. It would be helpful though to have pointers
> on where to start as I am still new to GNOME development.
>
> Developers, please tell me what you think about this idea. If you like
> it, why not mentor it?

There is a project called nautilus-vcs that has some initial work on
integrating cvs and other version control systems into nautilus. It
hasn't seen work in a very long time, but could be a source of ideas and
help.

Unfortunately I'm to busy atm to mentor you. But maybe someone else is
interested.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a Nobel prize-winning day-dreaming househusband trapped in a world he
never made. She's a vivacious antique-collecting museum curator with only
herself to blame. They fight crime!